Fallout: New Vegas is scheduled for release on October 19th, less than a week from this writing.
i’ve said i was going to take at least one day off. i’ve also said i’m making no effort to conceal just why i’m taking time off.
why would i lie?
New Vegas trip list:
- pre-order Fallout: New Vegas Collector’s Edition
- test screen-recorders
- confirm midnight release
- arrange vacation time
- de-frag gaming PC hard drives
- dust out gaming PC
- stock up on necessary caffeinated and medicinal supplies
- take nap before midnight release
- read Collector’s Edition “All Roads” graphic novel during installation
- fall out
update: thanks for the comments, guys! especially to Obsidian dev Justin Reynard, who kindly answered the following question:
how is item and money acquisition and balance achieved in a big RPG like NV? how do you decide when and where the player gets more items, or better items? how is the global economy considered, if at all? is there someone tasked with tracking how much stuff is in the world, such as which areas have too much loot or not enough?